Thursday, March 18, 2010

Red Rocks 2010

As some of you know, I love rock climbing and I try to go to Red Rocks, NV every year in the spring to kick off climbing season. This year was an amazing trip yet different than the rest. First off, I had Ayla with so taking pictures and climbing came in second to chasing her but luckily I had great friends to help...namely Liesl who is also a mom and photographer friend and her uncle August. We are so grateful for all of our friends who came and climbed and made it such a great trip! So onto the pics!

the 2010 group This was my longest multi-pitch route to date, very exciting! The following pics of this day were just taken with my point&shoot since I can't bring my big camera up this cliff! Getting ready... Pre-climb group shot Heading out with a view of the climb on the horizon Looking up pitch 3 Looking down pitch 3 :) Topping out Johnny Vegas on the Solar Slab ledge Post climb group shot The rappel I found this great spot by the cliff with the mountains in the background the next day...just had to get a couple shots of us :) Aaron's shot of us Liesl holding Ayla watching dad climb Nice moves by Kadile on a hard 5.10c Love this shot of Liesl and Ayla Aaron working Monster Skank 5.13a Aaron working Sun Splash also 5.13a A sight often unseen, Aaron falling! But it was 5.13 after all :) Me and Ayla with our new backpack, she loved this thing!

2 comments:

SaraY said...

oh my gosh! love the pics! i wish steve and i were totally there! guess we have to plan for a trip to j-tree or bishop for next year =)

Fleur said...

LOve this!~ I was here for a wedding on May 15th, I can't wait for the photos!! :)